Monday, February 1st, 2010
Emerging Artist Interviews: Endall
Endall is a metal/rock band hailing from New Jersey. They will be playing this year's Break Contest on Jan 17. To check out some tunes, please visit: myspace.com/EndallNJ
- What was the first record/cassette/CD that you owned and how did it change you? Mob Rules - Sabbath. the rest I stole from older siblings.
- If you could pick any musician's brain over a beer, who would it be? I would pick the beer over a brain. Why would I want someone elses brain?Oh,pick a musicians brain whilst drinkin a beer. Ok. Gareth - Dimebag. Charlie - Phil Lynott. Me - Keith Moon.
- What would the name of your band's biography be? "F##K the odds !"
- Which musician would you be most comfortable dating your mom? No one in my band! How about Tiny Tim. 7 foot tall uke player. Gotta be entertaining at the least.
- Name your dream tour: up to 5 bands, dead or alive. Pantera , Kiss , Thin Lizzy , Drowning Pool and of course Endall
- How would it feel to play with your favorite band? Humbling. Once in a lifetime acheivement
- What's the funniest moment your band has ever experienced? Lots of funny shit. especially on the road. If you don't laugh you'll kill each other.
- ...the craziest/most bizarre? Playin a club in Jersey and a girl in the front was headbangin full on then looked up and projectile puked. Kept on headbangin though. Hardcore. Kinda makes you wonder if your music makes people vomit.
- Who are you musically influenced by that no one would ever guess by listening to your music? Winger !
- Tell us about the most unique member of your band and why he/she has earned this title. Charlie (bass) One second he looks like he'll rip your head off then bust into a spot on Peter Griffin impression. Btw...awesome bassist
- If someone invested a million dollars into your band, how would you use the money? Buy the "sham-wow!" guy to be the Endall hypeman! Yes we'd purchase a person. Seriously. Hire the best producer we could to do our full length. Buy some awesome merch. And of course a "ghetto fabulous" tour bus.
- How do you feel being on stage when the audience is having an amazing time? Incredibly stoked , gracious and so in the moment. Very hard to explain though.
- Which 5 songs would you cover if you had a cover band?Bodies by D.Pool , Slither by V.Revolver , anything by Down , Jet by P.Mccartney and the muppet theme song.
- If you swapped ipods with other members of your band, what's the most surprising music you'd find? Christian Rock on Charlies
- Name the place you'd most like to play a show, anywhere in the world. MSG
- What's the most memorable musicial moment of your life? Endall at the legendary Stone Pony
- If you got a band tattoo, which band would it be? Endall of course!
- Tell us a situation where another band really helped you out. Scarlett Carsen (another awesome Jersey band). We've got a tight friendship with them. Try to support each other as much as possible. Black Water Rising and My Mortality were also very cool.
- What moment has made all of the hard work being a musician worth it? The little things I think. A car drivin by and you hear your song blastin out of it. A kid askin you to sign something. A crowd movin to your music, Don't matter if it's 10 or 500 people. Things you can't dip in platinum and hang on the wall.
- If your band was a comic, what would each member's super power be? Charlie would have powers drawn from the energy in his hair, "By the power of Hairyskull , I have the power!" Gareth would be the "Shredder". Sh80 would beat up villians with his huge penis. Bet you can't guess who answered these questions! Ha Ha .