619 Lake Ave. 3rd Flr Asbury Park, NJ 07712
This talented Asbury Park native can be seen weekly in Asbury Park, as well as NYC and other NJ locations. Rick Barry's hook-filled folk/rock songs and consistant live performances have made him a pillar in the vibrant music scene of Asbury Park. Check out his tunes at Myspace.com/RickBarryMusic
1. What was the first record/cassette/CD that you owned and how did it change you? I bought New Kids on The Block on Cassette in an attempt to impress a girl when I was in 2nd grade.
2. If you could pick any musician's brain over a beer, who would it be? Motzart
3. What would the name of your band's biography be? The Human Cannonball
4. Which musician would you be most comfortable dating your mom? Tom Waits
5. Name your dream tour: up to 5 bands, dead or alive. Pedro The Lion, The Beatles, Nirvana
6. How would it feel to play with your favorite band?ummm...good
7. What's the funniest moment your band has ever experienced? Justin punched Ron in the dick, 50 times, slowly.
8. ...the craziest/most bizarre? Danbury, CT
9. Who are you musically influenced by that no one would ever guess by listening to your music? Mudhoney
10. Tell us about the most unique member of your band and why he/she has earned this title. They are all unique
11. If someone invested a million dollars into your band, how would you use the money? Cocaine and hookers, or a Roth IRA
12. How do you feel being on stage when the audience is having an amazing time? Like a failure.
13. Which 5 songs would you cover if you had a cover band? probably the same tunes we cover now, The Smiths, Rilo Kiley, The Pixies, Billy Bragg, Weezer
14. If you swapped ipods with other members of your band, what's the most surprising music you'd find? Andy probably has a bunch of Jesus music in his Ipod
15. Name the place you'd most like to play a show, anywhere in the world. Ireland
16. What's the most memorable musicial moment of your life? My first time playing infront of people. The 8th grade talent show. It's pretty much the only thing I remember at this point.
17. If you got a band tattoo, which band would it be? Dylan
18. Tell us a situation where another band really helped you out. nothing comes to mind, I'm sure there is something though.
19. What moment has made all of the hard work being a musician worth it? When the song comes together
20. If your band was a comic, what would each member's super power be? I would have ninja powers, Justin would have super hearing and Andy would die for our sins