619 Lake Ave. 3rd Flr Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Answers submitted by drummer of Kakiat Park, Adam Magnan. Check out music from this blues jam band from NY at: myspace.com/kakiatpark.
1. What was the first record/cassette/CD that you owned and how did it change you? Linkin Park, they fused rap and rock, NO ONE'S EVER DONE THAT BEFORE! (jk)
2. If you could pick any musician's brain over a beer, who would it be? Trey Anastasio,
3. What would the name of your band's biography be? "Kakiat Park: who are these guys?!"
4. Which musician would you be most comfortable dating your mom? Robert Plant, He's classy but he knows how to rock ;-)
5. Name your dream tour: up to 5 bands, dead or alive. Pavement, Frank Zappa,
6. How would it feel to play with your favorite band? Ever have sex with a supermodel? No? Yeah, us either...
7. What's the funniest moment your band has ever experienced? The kids in the internet chatrooms watching our live studio streams said some funny stuff.
8. ...the craziest/most bizarre? When the same internet kids found out the phone number of the local chinese place when Dave was trying to make an order and they logged up the line so we couldn't get any food!
9. Who are you musically influenced by that no one would ever guess by listening to your music? Debussy: it's difficult to imitate piano on drums!
10. Tell us about the most unique member of your band and why he/she has earned this title. Joey Calfa: He shreds so hard that I need a diaper sometimes.
11. If someone invested a million dollars into your band, how would you use the money? Um... seriously? Three letters.
12. How do you feel being on stage when the audience is having an amazing time? Have you ever seen the movie the incredibles?
13. Which 5 songs would you cover if you had a cover band? Go Go Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers and the Saved By the Bell theme.
14. If you swapped ipods with other members of your band, what's the most surprising music you'd find? Billy Joel, probably.
15. Name the place you'd most like to play a show, anywhere in the world. Red Rocks
16. What's the most memorable musicial moment of your life? The first time I got stoned and played music... But I wish I could remember it!
17. If you got a band tattoo, which band would it be? Joey has a Jimmy Eat World tattoo, and it's pretty rad.
18. Tell us a situation where another band really helped you out. When one of our opening bands broke into their drummer's mom's house to get a PA at the last minute for a bar show. Thanks, Evan!
19. What moment has made all of the hard work being a musician worth it? When you look into the crowd and see someone dancing their ass off.
20. If your band was a comic, what would each member's super power be? Joey: Super Speed, Dave: Keen Insight, Nate: Super Hearing, Sam: FUCKING OFF, Adam: Asian Eyes