Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010
Emerging Artist Interviews: The Interventions
These interview questions were answered by various members of Philadelphia-based band The Interventions.
- What was the first record/cassette/CD that you owned and how did it change you? Carmen - Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt. Eric - Chumbawumba. "It didnt change me, Metallica did." Joe - Californiacation by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. "It changed me because it's when i first LOVED music". Jeffers - 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours by Green Day. "it got me into punk and punk changed my life"
- If you could pick any musician's brain over a beer, who would it be?Eric - James Hetfield. Joe - Chad Sexton. Mij - John Fogerty
- What would the name of your band's biography be? University Of Diversity. The true story of the Interventions.
- Which musician would you be most comfortable dating your mom? Jim - TomDelounge. Joe - Jon Bon jovi
- Name your dream tour: up to 5 bands, dead or alive. 311, Queen, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bob Marley
- How would it feel to play with your favorite band? Orgasmic
- What's the funniest moment your band has ever experienced? When Carmen couldnt move the boulder on a crazy trip
- ...the craziest/most bizarre? Diner Nights
- Who are you musically influenced by that no one would ever guess by listening to your music? Jazz, CCR, Hip Hop
- Tell us about the most unique member of your band and why he/she has earned this title. We are all unique in our own way. We alot to the table
- If someone invested a million dollars into your band, how would you use the money? Weed, Beer, New Equiptment, Bangin Bus, Banging tour, Merch, and a dog
- How do you feel being on stage when the audience is having an amazing time? Jim - In Heaven. Joe - Lost.
- Which 5 songs would you cover if you had a cover band? Beautiful Disaster by 311. Shortest Straw by Metallica. Maps by The Yeah Yeah Yeahs. No Woman, No Cry by Bob Marley. And Same In The End by Sublime
- If you swapped ipods with other members of your band, what's the most surprising music you'd find? Classical on Carmen's ipod. Mambo Number 5 by lou Bega.
- Name the place you'd most like to play a show, anywhere in the world. Festival Pier
- What's the most memorable musicial moment of your life?Writing Ode, the first song we ever wrote as a band
- If you got a band tattoo, which band would it be? Jim - I'already have a chili peppers one, but i'd go with a 311 one. Joe - Slightly stoopid because they had cool ass art
- Tell us a situation where another band really helped you out. Nomad Fool got a show at Doc Watsons
- What moment has made all of the hard work being a musician worth it? Steppin on main stage of the Troc, and then proceeding to rock the shit out that place
- If your band was a comic, what would each member's super power be? Joe - Walk Through walls. Eric - To be able to fix anything...cause he's a tool. Carmen - Flyer. Jeffers - To be able to run as fast as light