Monday, May 15th, 2017
BOAB Party Interview Series: Hodera
Bands on a Budget is psyched to be hosting our first ever BOAB Party taking place on June 3rd in downtown Asbury Park, NJ. WE created this event to showcase the INCREDIBLE musicians and artists in our area. Today we're shining the spotlight on Hodera.
1. HOW DID THE BAND GET TOGETHER?
It started in 2014 and for the first couple of years was just Matthew with a rotating lineup.
2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR SOUND TO SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER HEARD YOUR MUSIC BEFORE?
Honest, folk influenced, indie rock
3. WHAT'S THE NAME OF YOUR LATEST RELEASE AND WHERE CAN WE FIND IT?
United By Birdcalls. It can be found on all online stores!
4. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE SONG TO PLAY LIVE?
This new song we wrote called "Just For Today". It's on our new record that's coming out sometime this year.
5. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE FAVORITE VENUES?
In our region, probably Bowery Ballroom, PNC, and The Capital Theatre
6. WHAT DOES THE BAND HAVE PLANNED FOR THE SUMMER?
We're actually taking it easy for the summer. We toured a lot the past year and want to stay home to finish our new record and plan its release. I (Matthew) am doing a 2 week solo tour out to New Mexico in July though. We also do have some full band shows planned for the end of the summer that will be announced soon.
7. YOU GUYS WENT DOWN TO SXSW THIS YEAR... HOW'D IT GO?
Intense! SXSW is always a fuckin shit show. It was nice to see friends from all over the country and I guess do the whole networking things, but playing multiple shows a day in the TX heat is exhausting haha. It was worth it to see some of my favorite acts in an intimate setting for free though
8. WHAT'S THE STRANGEST THING YOU GUYS BRING ON TOUR?
I name a few things. We have a grilled cheese maker, a quesadilla maker, and a huge conch shell that we found in FL. We also Hakki sack daily so there's a lot of sacks laying around. Not sure if that's weird...
9. WHAT’S EVERYONE’S PET PEEVE IN THE VAN?
Not sure I can speak for the band here but I myself am bothered when people aren't punctual
Come check them out on June 3rd with Ernest, Toy Cars, and Weakened FrIEnds
DOORS AT 7PM
$8 ADMISSION AT THE DOOR
619 LAKE AVE.
ASBURY PARK, NJ 07712